The Inverness Archive
R MacLean Year: 1918Tomnahurich (Hill of the Fairies)
Postmarked May 1918. Desc on card - Tomnahurich /Hill of the Fairies is an isolated wooded hill 222 feet high, situated on the banks of the Ness about a quarter of a mile from the town. Zigzag paths and a carriage drive lead to the summit, where is not only found the Tomnahurich Cemetery, but a series of magnificent views of the surrounding landscape.
Picture added on 27 July 2009 at 22:47
This picture is in the following groups