The Inverness Archive
Dave Conner Year: 2015ROYAL ACADEMY (MIDMILLS)
This is the side view of the original part of the building (constructed 1893-1895) - as viewed from Crown House, in which grounds (circular driveway) the structure was built.
The building ceased to be the Academy in 1979 when the new Academy was fully occupied. Since then it has served as a temporary primary school, a temporary home (till building completed) for Culloden Academy, and latterly as the Midmills Campus of Inverness college. With the imminent completion of the new UHI Building at Beechwood, Midmills again is surplus to requirements and is currently for sale.
More information on the building and its history can be found in the Inverness Local History Forum page at:
Picture added on 02 March 2015 at 00:12