The Inverness Archive
Dave Conner Year: 2015ROYAL ACADEMY (MIDMILLS) BELL TOWER
ROYAL ACADEMY (MIDMILLS) (photograph taken 27/02/2015) The bell tower of the Inverness Royal Academy (Midmills) showing the detail of the weathervane and carving of the stonework. The building was built between 1893 and 1895 to the design of (then Provost) Alexander Ross LLD and his partner Robert J. MacBeth, and the building was used by the Academy from 1895 until finally vacated in 1979 (when the new Academy building at Culduthel was fully opened).
More details of the building's history can be found in the Inverness Local History Forum page at:
Picture added on 02 March 2015